The Treendale Primary School Health and Physical Education Program enables students to engage in a variety of learning activities to increase their knowledge of healthy lifestyles, wellbeing and physical fitness. As a result of participating in Physical Education students will have the opportunity to:
- Demonstrate motor and fundamental movement skills to confidently perform a variety of physical activities.
- Understand movement concepts, principles and tactics as they apply to various sports and modified games.
- Understand the importance of, and make educated decisions about, achieving and maintaining healthy lifestyles.
- Demonstrate responsible personal and social behaviour in physical activity settings.
- Participate in extracurricular activities such as assorted sport carnivals and competitions.
Our HPE lessons are designed to meet students social, emotional and physical needs to build strong, confident and resilient learners through learning programs such as:
- Zones of Regulation
- The Department of Education’s Protective Behaviours Program
- Growth Mindset
As well as incursions from Constable Care and Community sporting and fitness groups.